Naga’s tax performance lauded

Other News

NAGA CITY — The regional office of the Bureau of Local Government Finance (BLGF) in Legazpi City commended the Naga City Treasurer’s Office and the Naga City Assessor’s Office for their exemplary performance in revenue generation and collection.

City Mayor John G. Bongat, on the other hand, was lauded for being the key person in the city’s aggressive tax campaign that resulted to improved delivery of basic services.

Last year, the city mayor was also cited by the Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) for his leading role in supporting the agency’s tax collection drive within his area of jurisdiction.

BLGF OIC-Regional Director Florencio Dino III this week handed the mayor a certificate of recognition “for registering the largest contribution to the total local revenue collection of all cities in the Bicol Region” for 2014. The city was able to collect in business and real property taxes the total amount of P555.76M which represents 43.98%, or nearly half of the total P1.26B collection of Bicol cities. This means that the remainder of 56.02% were shared by total collection of the 6 other cities.

It was noted that Naga City’s collection was even higher than Albay’s collection of P490.78M for the same period. Albay is region’s top performing revenue collector among the provinces. The amount represents 25.92% of the P1.89B accumulated collections of the 6 Bicol provinces.

Meanwhile, the BLGF also cited City Treasurer Gregoria Nilda B. Abonal “for her continuing efforts on local revenue generation, thereby enabling the city of Naga to register such a feat.”

In an interview, Abonal thanked the city’s taxpayers for paying their taxes promptly and correctly. She added that she is not resting on her laurels as her office will be pushing for more serious information dissemination on tax collection campaign by November, this year, in close coordination with the City Events, Protocol and Public Information Office (CEP- PIO).

Her office was also commended for being rated ‘very good’ in the LGU Fiscal Sustainability Scorecard. The office’s performance on this field was evaluated by the Department of Finance (DOF).

The scoreboard is a summation of scores from the Key Result Areas of Revenue Generation Capacity, Local Revenue Growth and Expenditure Management, largely based on the timely and accurate submission of the electronic Statement of Receipts and Expenditures (eSRE) being monitored, reviewed and approved by the BLGF.

City Assessor Ramon R. Albeus was also given the same recognition for sharing his efforts on local revenue generation. The awards were given last May 7, 2015 during the 2nd Quarter Regional Conference of Bicol Treasurers and Assessors in Legazpi City.

No comments:

Post a Comment